Old 04-03-2010, 02:11 PM

Exclamation F&G Needs Volunteers!

Fish & Game Seeks Help For Salmon Fry

Volunteers Sought To Stock Salmon In Waterways

POSTED: 10:44 am EDT April 3, 2010
UPDATED: 1:46 pm EDT April 3, 2010

Email Print
Comments (3)

CONCORD, N.H. -- New Hampshire's Fish and Game Department is looking for volunteers to help stock millions of inch-long young salmon into the various waterways, an action that plays a vital role in restoring runs of salmon.Young salmon -- also known as salmon fry -- released in river systems and tributaries stay and grow in the rivers for about two years before migrating to the ocean. When the salmon are about four years old, they will try to return to these rivers to spawn.The stocking is needed at the Merrimack River basin, several rivers and streams in the Upper Connecticut River watershed in northern New Hampshire, and the Monadnock region of southwestern New Hampshire's Connecticut River watershed.To help, contact the New Hampshire Fisheries Division by dialing 603-271-2501.

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.

Tags
f&g, salmon, volunteer