November 19, 2017

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default Posting Pictures

Posting a Picture

First, if you have the photos as they came of your digital camera, they are probably too big. Follow these instructions to reduce there size for easy upload and viewing on the web.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...schelman2.mspx

Login to the forum.

At the top of the page where it says welcome "USERNAME", click on the link "Your notifications", then "private Messages" just below your name.

On the next page there will be a list of links on the right, under networking click on "Pictures and Albums"

On the next page a link saying "add album" will appear, click that.

Give the folder a title and description and hit "submit"

On the next page there will be a link that says "click here to upload pictures", click it.

This will give you three slots with which to load photos of your comp, you can only do three at a time and the site will size them for you. Select the three pics off you comp that you want to use and hit upload photos. This might take a minute.

On the next screen you can add captions to the photos then hit save changes.

Now your album will appear with the three photos you picked

Click on one of the pictures and scroll down the screen to find the BB Code. Copy this.

Now when you are in your new message and you want to past the picture make sure you paste the line you just copied into your post. you'll see the image when you post.

here is a screen shot of what you're looking for:

thats the winded version! tight lines!

If you have questions please contact me

sean
Old 04-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Default cannot proceed to post a picture

Sean,

I was trying to post a thread with a picture attachemt. I read your instructions. Looks simple enough, but after logging in, I noticed that the line for "your notifications" is gone!.

Not sure what happened, but I guess that something needs to be reset. Any ideas?

Norm
Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Site Admin

Send a message via AIM to sbeausol

In order for you to be able to post pictures you have to have at leat 5 or 10 posts, that is why you don't see the link.

sean
Old 04-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Default posting pictures

OK, I guess I understand that, but the previous day, I did have "Your Notifications" listed under the "Welcome, Flyfish08.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:23 PM

I don't think this is the best solution for people on slower DSL connections. It takes WAY too long for FFinNH to resize the large pics from my camera. I have found that it is better to use the photo editing software that came with your camera to resize your photos first and then have FFinNH photo software do the rest of the work if your jpeg is still over 97 KB. I have been waiting over 8 min. now trying it your way and still waiting for FFinNH software to resize and upload just 3 photos.