November 24, 2017

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Gear Discussion

Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 PM

Awesome, can't wait to check it out! Thanks for the effort,,,
Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 PM

I've gotten everything squared away and just successfully submitted the app to Apple for review. If all goes according to plan, it should appear on the app market within a week or two. I'll keep you updated!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 AM

Apple rejected the app:

"We found that your app only provides a very limited set of features. It only provides a table of locations that link out to Maps in Safari. While we value simplicity, we consider simplicity to be uncomplicated - not limited in features and functionality.

We understand that there are no hard and fast rules to define useful or entertaining, but Apple and Apple customers expect apps to provide a really great user experience. Apps should provide valuable utility or entertainment, draw people in with by offering compelling capabilities or content, or enable people to do something they couldn't do before or in a way they couldn't do it before."

After my appeal:

"Thank you for submitting an appeal to the App Review Board for the review of your app, Fishing NH.

We have completed the evaluation of your appeal and have determined that the review findings of September 17, 2012 are appropriate for Fishing NH.

In considering the quality of an app, it is less about a specific quantity of features - or even specific features. Rather, it is about the experience the app provides. Apps should be engaging and exciting, enabling users to do something they couldn't do before; or to do something in a way they couldn't do before or better than they could do it before. Focusing on a primary problem to solve or need to fulfill, apps should include a feature set that intuitively and comprehensively addresses those needs and exceeds users' expectations. And apps should deliver a robust user experience that takes full advantage of iOS and the unique characteristics that differentiates it from other platforms.
We understand that it will take time and resources to revise your app to provide a compelling user experience, but we hope you will be inspired by the new ways developers continuously innovate on the iOS platform."

Apparently they're not a fan of the UI (it looks the same as the android version). I'm making some tweaks and will try to re-submit.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM

Nice job! Not sure how often I'd use it personally, but I admire your fortitude and will surely be purchasing.

Is it available for ios4? I know I should upgrade but haven't yet.
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H. View Post
Nice job! Not sure how often I'd use it personally, but I admire your fortitude and will surely be purchasing.

Is it available for ios4? I know I should upgrade but haven't yet.
I appreciate the kind words! I built the app against the v5.1 API so you probably won't be able to download it.

Tags
app, fishing nh, ipad, iphone, stocking