December 12, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Gear Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Default Can anyone identify this spool for us?

Hi all,

Still working at clearing out items from LLFurFace. I've got a small problem. Have a Ross spool, and no reel to match it to. Been on Ross' website, and believe this spool belongs to a Cimmaron 2 reel for 4 thru 6 line weights. It is black with matte finish, and has a plunge pin and three screws near the (1/4"?) axle pin opening on inner face. Outer face diameter is 3-1/4" while inner face is a whisker less than 2-7/8". Inner width between faces is 3/4" while outer width is 1".

I have a Gunnison 2, (first generation) for 4 thru 6 weight, but is is gloss finish, and has a much larger axle pin. I'm listing this, along with a number of other items on eBay. If interested, locate member name "archersedge" and click on "other items". Here is a link to help you find me/it... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1204

I've got two photos of this spool... Any help in identifying this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
FF

Old 08-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Default Ross

Looks like a Colorado made a few years back maybe 10 or 12 years ago!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:38 AM

I believe its a Cimmaron. Is it for sale?
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"
Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 AM

TH,
Thanks for the lead. Just Googled Ross Colorado, and found a spool for sale on eBay. Had a photo of the back side where there's a gear which is not on the spool I have. So that rules the Colorado out. Thanks for the help. Pretty sure this spool is for a Cimmaron 2.

FF