November 17, 2017

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Fly Tying

Old 02-10-2016, 08:06 PM

Default Tying feathers

I just ordered some feathers and thought I would pass on this place to buy them. It is www.featheremporium.com If you can't find the feathers you want here you don't need them!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:08 AM

Let me know if they ever arrive... he's got a great website collection, but their customer service, in my experience, and in the experience of my contemporaries has been brutal.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:43 AM

I be interested in the level of service you get too. Have heard not so great stuff about getting orders filled. If your looking for tailing feathers or dry fly capes try Collins Hackle Co in upstate NY they are excellent.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:47 AM

I don't understand why Stone River Outfitters and North Country Anglers isn't your go to source for materials. Two shops here in New Hampshire who not only have great quality and great service but are great people as well.

Am I missing something here?
www.TheFlySpokeShop.com
Co-Founder Creative Fly Tiers Association
Member Merrimack Valley Trout Unlimited
Founding Member Souhegan Valley Fly Association
Old 02-11-2016, 01:57 PM

I agree with flyspoke. There are hundreds of online dealers for feathers/materials/gear and I would bet my paycheck our local guys have the same stuff, or at least can order them for you if it is that rare. Our local shops here in NH barely make enough profit to stay alive and they are such a great resource for us to have. It kills me to know how many guys in the area order their products online across contry to maybe save a few bucks. I will always buy from my local shop. I get to hand pick my feathers off the shelf and get a lot of great tying info from them too. Not bashing anyone, but when your local shop goes out of business and you wonder why, think of all the times you got materials/gear elsewhere.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:02 PM

Depends what your after. I was in stoneriver most weekends, and I consider dan and Nate real pals, but i did have to buy elsewhere from time to time. They can have one of everything. They get a fair amount of business from out of state too.

I suspected that if those feathers don't show up; he will spend more time at stone river too. I hope he gets good service because that guy has some seriously cool feathers.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 PM

Just thought I'd put in another plug for SRO. When I lived in the Monadnock region I spent considerable time and money in that shop, gladly, happily. I now live somewhere north of Caribou and while the fishing is fantastic, the closest shop is Alvin Theriault's place down in Patten, 2 hours south.

There are some great shops in our world, support them with all your heart and soul.

...I still really miss the old Hunter's location in New Boston.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:09 PM

I have had good results from Feather Emporium. I buy some of the feathers there that no other firm offers.
I support Stoneriver and I am glad to have them in the neighborhood.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:43 PM

That is what I was tying to say...
Old 03-24-2016, 06:52 AM

I've ordered from the feather emporium with no issues. Good product selection and delivery has been pretty quick.

When the nearest fly shop is over an hour away it's kinda nice to have the mailman bring what you need.