November 20, 2017

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 05:43 PM

Default Fall Landlockeds

Besides the crowded Merrymeeting river near Alton, what are some areas that have good Landlocked fishing in Sept....never really fished for them in Sept..
so just curious. Any info appreciated....Pm if you don't want to reveal hot spots.
Thank you
Old 09-17-2017, 04:43 AM

Default Too warm

It's too dry and warm this year for salmon to be up the rivers. We are still catching them 5 miles up the lake on Wini. The surface temperature was 70 yesterday. Expect the run to be late.
The Connecticut in Pittsburgh should be good this month. Bottom release dams change the game up there.

These are a few fish caught trolling today. All in 20" to 24" range and released shortly after pictures were taken after recovery was assured. There are two eagles making a living picking up trout and salmon that don't swim as soon as they hit the water in my fishing area. That's why I'm using the live well prior to let them go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0518.JPG (92.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0095.jpg (32.5 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by bridgeman; 09-17-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:58 AM

I am no expert, but any sizeable river that runs into Winni, Newfound or Squam would be a place to start. A sudden temp drop, especially during the nights, and a good pump of rain will help.