December 13, 2017

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 08-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Thumbs up 2010 Fall Brookie Contest

2010 FFINH Fall Brookie Contest

Ladies and Gentlemen! I present the 2010 Fall Brook Trout Photo Contest.

The requirement for entry is that you are a member of FFINH as of today, August 28th 2010 and that your fish is caught in a New England state. You may submit photos for family members, ie. kids. Your photo will be judged on "Fall Beauty" by our fellow members. The photos should display fall colors on the trout, and background will be considered. That being said, if your trout is C&R, do not gill the fish or mishandle for a great shot at the expense of the trout. If the fish is destined for the table anyways, a quick note stating that will help. A short description of the photo will also help members in their voting. Members have mentioned donating flies towards this contest. If any others are willing to donate flies, PM myself and we can coordinate that. I don't tie, but will donate a "prize" to the contest to be announced at a later date. Please submit all photos to this thread by October 31st, 11:59PM. I will then place all Photos in a NEW thread to be voted on by members. Winners will be announced November 15th!

LINKS TO VOTING AND WINNER BELOW
http://www.flyfishinginnh.com/vforum...ead.php?t=5760
http://www.flyfishinginnh.com/vforum...ead.php?t=5759
http://www.flyfishinginnh.com/vforum...ead.php?t=5778

This contest is not endorsed nor sponsored nor known of by FFINH. This is strictly not for profit, only for fun and does not endorse hurting C&R fish for the enjoyment of a photo contest. Please handle all fish accordingly. HAVE FUN!

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.

Last edited by Relheok; 11-15-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Link Updates!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:26 AM

great Job! Is this for fish that are caught this fall? Fall begins Sept 23.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Nice !! i don't tie well but would donate 6 Bead head wooly buggers that i can tie!! 3 diffrent types(2 ea.) all caught me fish this season!!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relheok View Post
2010 FFINH Fall Brookie Contest

Ladies and Gentlemen! I present the 2010 Fall Brook Trout Photo Contest.

The requirement for entry is that you are a member of FFINH as of today, August 28th 2010 and that your fish is caught in a New England state. You may submit photos for family members, ie. kids. Your photo will be judged on "Fall Beauty" by our fellow members. The photos should display fall colors on the trout, and background will be considered. That being said, if your trout is C&R, do not gill the fish or mishandle for a great shot at the expense of the trout. If the fish is destined for the table anyways, a quick note stating that will help. A short description of the photo will also help members in their voting. Members have mentioned donating flies towards this contest. If any others are willing to donate flies, PM myself and we can coordinate that. I don't tie, but will donate a "prize" to the contest to be announced at a later date. Please submit all photos to this thread by October 31st, 11:59PM. I will then place all Photos in a NEW thread to be voted on by members. Winners will be announced November 15th!

This contest is not endorsed nor sponsored nor known of by FFINH. This is strictly not for profit, only for fun and does not endorse hurting C&R fish for the enjoyment of a photo contest. Please handle all fish accordingly. HAVE FUN!

Where do we post the pictures?

Bobby
Old 08-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Post in this thread, at close of the contest I will make a new thread with all the pictures to be voted on. The contest starts today and the best fish will obviously come later on.

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relheok View Post
Post in this thread, at close of the contest I will make a new thread with all the pictures to be voted on. The contest starts today and the best fish will obviously come later on.
I think I understand. We post to this thread as we go. Is that correct?

This will be fun!

Thanks for a great fall project!

Bobby
Old 08-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Ok this one is a little on the small side, and this is not me. This is just a photo that I Love and could only dream of a brookie like this on a fly!!

Maybe someone can find one like this in New England this year!! Great example of a brookie in true fall colors..

Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 PM

OK, I'm assuming that that last one by Bushbuck doesn't count, or we all might as well go home!

A few nitpicky questions: Does the fish have to be caught THIS fall (from today forward) - as opposed to an old picture that gets dredged up? Do we stipulate that the fish has to be caught by someone on this board (obviously family members are included), not just "some guy holding a fish"? Does the fish have to be caught IN New Hampshire (for all you Rangely guys)?

This is a great idea - can only hope I can come up with a picture worthy of entry!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:53 PM

ljgurke,
No the pic I posted does not count. I do not even know who it is, so I would be going home right with ya. I just love that pic of that beauty fish!
I have caught a lot of big brookies in Canada and maine, but never anything like that one..

"Tim Matheson hooked, caught, took picture, measured and released this now confirmed world record brook trout. He caught it during a tournament on Barbe Lake in Manitoba, Canada. The fish weighed between 15 and 16 pounds, was 29-inches long and had a girth of 21 inches."

Last edited by bushbuck; 08-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Caught this year, in New England, by a member or his kid/wife.

Tags
contest brook trout