December 16, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 01:14 PM

After watching the reconstruction of Upper Dam, I think everything is fair game.

I never found profile to be an appealing place to fish. Broodstock, air brakes and Harley pipes don't really blow my hair back.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:33 PM

Sounds just like the Quimby fiasco from northern maine. Already a done deal before it was even put to debate.

https://www.instagram.com/swamptroutnh
Old 03-26-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGIF View Post
After watching the reconstruction of Upper Dam, I think everything is fair game.

I never found profile to be an appealing place to fish. Broodstock, air brakes and Harley pipes don't really blow my hair back.
Now there are going to be people constantly asking while you fish, "There are actually fish in here?" lol. Then they will proceed to run to the car and grab their spin rod
Old 03-26-2017, 07:36 PM

Default Poachers access

All that thing is going to be is poachers access. I'm just pissed beyond reason. The place is noisy and poached regularly but the water is cold and full of big ones. It may be the best Brookie fishing in the state for big fish. All stocked but that's what we have.
I do believe it's a done deal. The hearings and permits are just for show. They will trot out some advocate for the handicapped and counter any objection by asking why we hate them. Perfect polical move my another fool that runs this place. If you or I tried to put a 20 foot permanent dock on our shoreline propert it would be impossible. Mitt dredged out a marina in front of his waterfront palace in Wolfboro in clear violation of state law. No one stopped that either. Screw him and that lying POS at DRED too.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 PM

I wonder if they'll have ADA-compliant casting platforms like they do at Archery and Hot Hole?
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"
Old 04-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningreelsbest View Post
Floppy fishing will simply kill the fun.
Quote of the year right there
Old 04-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to nh_outdoorguy
Default Boardwalk on concrete blocks PROPOSED for Profile Lake, Franconia NH

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...mountain-plaza

A VERY BAD IDEA:
A boardwalk constructed on concrete blocks in the water of Profile Lake is being proposed by the Old Man of the Mountain Legacy (Fund) Committee. I believe there may be public hearing soon about this sad project idea.

Why ruin a beautiful and scenic shoreline of such an important lake? "The Pemigewasset River's headwaters are in Profile Lake in New Hampshire’s Franconia Notch State Park, at the base of the famed Old Man of the Mountain. The river cascades through the park where crystal clear waterfalls and elevation drops, such as the Flume and the Basin attract thousands of visitors each year." I do not believe these "Disneyland" ideas to make natural scenic areas more accessible is in the best interests at all for the White Mountains. What a shame if this idea comes a reality. Profile Lake in spite of being adjacent to the Route 93 Parkway is still a gem just the way it is...unspoiled and a unique (fly fishing only) destination that I and others I have enjoyed for many years. I can't help but believe that constructing such a boardwalk in the water will not have a negative impact on the lake visually and environmentally. The Headwaters of NH's beautiful and important rivers should be left as they are and not jeopardized in such a way.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Default Go for a tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningreelsbest View Post
Fishing is a very thrilling activity. My most fun activity. It might be a source of livelihood to others it is purely a fun activity, "Best spinning reels". Despite what you do it for you will always need some results. Floppy fishing will simply kill the fun.
I love fishing but not more then "kayaking. I hope some day we go together for a tour.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:47 AM

^^^^^^^^^

Wow, a bot actually quoted another bot???!! Wacky. I do hope they get together some day though.
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"
Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Default Status?

So I was up at Profile on Saturday - fished a couple hours, nothing on streamers, but there was some sporadic surface activity and I managed to get one and a few missed on a BWO (surface temp was 62 F). There was no sign at all of work on the proposed "boardwalk" - according to the plan it was supposed to be completed by now. Anyone hear anything about the status on this?

After Profile I moved down to the Pemi working downstream of the Basin and got a bunch on a small green stimulator - including a couple in the 8-9" class. Lots of hikers out on a beautiful warm day.