October 23, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Off Topic

Old 09-17-2009, 05:58 PM

A 6 year old and a 4 year old are upstairs in their bedroom.
The 6 year old asks, "You know what? I think it's about time we started cussing." The 4 year old nods his head in approval. The 6 year old continues, "When we go downstairs for breakfast, I'm gonna say something with hell and you say something with ---."
The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.

When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios.
WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear with every step.
His mom locks him in his room and shouts,
"You can stay there until I let you out!"

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?"
"I don't know," he blubbers, "but you can bet your fat --- it won't be Cheerios!"

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 AM

a sailor walks into a bar with a parrot on the shoulder. The bartender says, "Where did you get that?"
In which the parrot replies, 'I don't know, it started out as a bump!"
Old 03-03-2010, 05:15 PM

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM

Default Always have a fly rod handy

I have had two 20 year marriages which I do not necessarily recommend; but ---- happens. There are many reasons to always have fly rod handy.

About 30 years ago between marriages I took a girl friend to Stonehouse Pond on a pleasant September morning (not neccesarily thinking about fishing). By some terrible coincidence, the town cop, a state trooper and a NHF&G vehicle all converged and followed us in.

If you have been to Stonehouse and know it's history you will know what was about to happen. To let them get really worked up, I drove very slowly down the dirt road, with these three vehicles behind me. When I parked they boxed me in very tightly. God, did they really think I had just robbed a bank?

I opened the door, pulled out my fly rod and asked, "Hey guys, what are they hitting today?" Each vehicle slowly backed up and drove away, as I walked to the pond with a fly rod in one hand, a girl on the other arm and a big grin on my face.

Last edited by OTTER; 03-03-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 AM

good post where did you find this?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Where did I find this ?

This is not out of John Gierach's semi biographical tales.

This is a factual account of one of many interesting events in my life of fly fishing. Memories that continue to amuse me.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 AM

Default Here's my wife

No just joking, but this is from her magazine, The New Yorker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img008a.jpg (60.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM

Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 AM

I wonder if they follow their own policies?