October 23, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Off Topic

Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relheok View Post
It's weird, I have read the reviews and there are handful of people who say that yet there are tons who say the quality is superb. I am supposed to receive the phone today, with 30 days to return it. I will let everyone know how it does. I am looking forward to not worrying about water etc. anymore...
I haven't read all the reviews--but one possible explanation is that the original Verizon Gzone phone was quite good (actually there were two different phones, both were good). It was only when they went to the new "Boulder" that things went downhill.

Please report back. Maybe they've fixed the problem, in which case I really would love to get one.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Default G'Zone

I have this phone and love it. I fell in the drink in the Souhegan last weekend and it still works great.
The connection sound in my opinion is lacking, but it works fine. So far a thumbs up from me.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:06 PM

I have the best cell phone of all. It's well behaved enough to sit and stay at home quitely while I'm fishing. Makes no mess in the house. It is very quiet when turned off as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:30 AM

Mine has a "fishing mode" button. You just press the power button.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM

Alright, got the phone and it seems pretty good so far. Sound quality is not as good as the previous, but I chock that up to the water proofing. I like that it only has what I need, and not the other useless crap. I agree with everyone about turning off the phone but having an 8month old son, it's nice knowing that if the fiance needs anything I am close. The nature of my work often has overtime or extra work shifts at an overtime rate that are offered by telephone at odd times. Unfortunately I have learned to live with having the phone, so anytime I don't, I feel like I am missing money or something. None the less, the days of me drying out my phone on the dash of my car are over I hope

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey A. Wood View Post
Does that include the beer, or just the phone when you bought it?
That depends if you were able to sweet talk the sales woman into ________________ ya, use your imagination.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM

So I have the phone for a little while now. I have already gotten it wet once on the Connecticut and it works perfectly. It is a bare essentials phone, the camera is average, the phone is a tad bulky, no pretty screens but the peace of mind I have with it is awesome. The sound quality is okay, not the best, you need to keep the volume down a bit to keep the distortion down but it's waterproof! I'll update again in a few months.

I'm Gunnery Sergeant Tom Highway and I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckmeister View Post
That depends if you were able to sweet talk the sales woman into ________________ ya, use your imagination.
I like the way you think, glass half full type

Old 09-14-2009, 02:13 PM

Alright, little update. I have gotten used to the sound quality and it seems fine now. I have gotten the phone damp once or twice, and soaked completely in NY when I took a quick 20 foot float to the bottom of a pool. I even let my 9 month old play with the phone when he starts fussing in the car and not a scratch to be found, so for those who like having a phone with them and not worrying about it getting damaged, this phone is for you. The only negative is the camera pretty much sucks!

Old 10-25-2009, 02:17 PM

I just got that phone for my work. I like the phone especially with the bluetooth headset. My problem is with Verizon wireless. You have to buy special software to add ringtones, etc. Plus you have to pay for them. VZW sucks!