October 21, 2014

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2014, 06:35 AM

Too little there - not worth the trip.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to truiteman

If you need to eat after the show on Saturday the Mass-RI Council has their annual banquet and auction up the hill at the Hotel. That is where you will get some deals on equipment! Tickets can be purchased at the Banquet or the Mass-RI Council booth at the show.

Steve
Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM

kmudgn is right, that show is less than half of what it used to be and what's left is about marketing. The organizers seems to have forgotten that fly fishing is not simply an industry.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 AM

I went to Gary Borger's seminar on nymphing last year and got to sit down at the end of the show and watch him tie a few different patterns. I learned a ton in those 2 sessions and was worth the $15... The couple of times I got out this year- my nymphing was 100 times better. I went into the show with a plan on what seminars to hit and filled in my time in between catching up with Angus and getting to meet Flyspoke... If I can go down again this year I will. But with a leaky roof and possible rebuild of my entire second floor once that is fixed, I doubt I'll get to go.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 AM

Not a bad day if you get a couple buddies together, check out the show, learn a new pattern or two, couple beers and a burger, maybe a seminar. For $15, a good way to get rid of the winter "blahs". Good excuse to just get out of the house, no?
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"
Old 01-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to Solid

Exactly Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Dan View Post
Hey solid, I'm heading there on Friday with Martin, Merril and maybe Mike plus few others. Can you go on Friday?
I have a meeting scheduled for Friday.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:16 PM

Just got back - thought the show was great! Saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones on flytyer's row, renewed some club memberships - all in all enjoyed it very much.
Beats sitting watching TV!

Jim
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM

I attended the show on Friday and thought it was well worth the $15 to get in. I found some deals on tying materials.