July 5, 2020

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2016, 02:56 PM

Thumbs up Will someone get in touch with Sean

He has not been on the site for a month and I have sent an PM to him that I would like him to read.

Thanks
Lee

P. S. About making this site better.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:06 AM

phew... You remembered to get this in with only a few days left until the end of the year.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:34 PM

well I guess I can breath again.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:21 AM

Default Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

You to Lee !
Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 AM

Default Why?

Why does everybody hate that dude so much ....the most passive aggressive poster of all time?
Merry Christmas (or happy Holiday) to everyone, even this guy.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Awwww….C'mon...Lee's not so bad. I have fished with him before and he's a perfectly good stand up fella and pretty good fish catcher to boot. I have also enjoyed reading many of the stories posted on his site and even posted a couple of my own.

The thing is people like simple, and posting stuff on Lee's site sometimes is not. Yes it has many advanced features that are pretty cool and I really like the story section and gallery but unless your tech savvy it can become a real headache. And I'm not tech savvy….

Here I can easily post a report, copy and paste the whole thing and also share it on other sites….easy peasy. If I try to do the same on Lee's site I have to resize the photos and do other random edits just to make it work. If your into that kinda stuff then great, you'll probably enjoy some of the features there.

After fishing all day, taking photos, editing and doing the write up the last thing I want to do it change the whole thing around just to cater to one site.

Wait a minute….somehow this turned into a thread about making Lee's site better…..whoa!

Merry Christmas all!

https://www.instagram.com/swamptroutnh

Last edited by Redneck_Flashaboo; 12-24-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck_Flashaboo View Post
Awwww….C'mon...Lee's not so bad. I have fished with him before and he's a perfectly good stand up fella and pretty good fish catcher to boot. I have also enjoyed reading many of the stories posted on his site and even posted a couple of my own.

The thing is people like simple, and posting stuff on Lee's site sometimes is not. Yes it has many advanced features that are pretty cool and I really like the story section and gallery but unless your tech savvy it can become a real headache. And I'm not tech savvy….

Here I can easily post a report, copy and paste the whole thing and also share it on other sites….easy peasy. If I try to do the same on Lee's site I have to resize the photos and do other random edits just to make it work. If your into that kinda stuff then great, you'll probably enjoy some of the features there.

After fishing all day, taking photos, editing and doing the write up the last thing I want to do it change the whole thing around just to cater to one site.

Wait a minute….somehow this turned into a thread about making Lee's site better…..whoa!

Merry Christmas all!
Redneck is making sound like my site is hard to use which is not the case at all. If some of you users here would try it out you will see that the photo albums will resize your pictures and when posting photo album picture you can use a very easy tool to enter them into an article and size to boot. Then you can have a smaller picture have a link that shows a larger version in a popup. Also there is a tool (dialog box) to enter photos posted on other sites and size the picture, very easy.

This site is so one dimensional that you may aswell just have the forum. Forum post get lost very easily over time and to find that post can take a long time to do. On my site every thing is searchable and very easily found.

Just some thoughts of mine.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:03 PM

A Christmas miracle...

Merry one to you Gents!

"You are the Kim Jong-Il of fly fishing forums" - Banks10
Old 01-16-2017, 01:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
He has not been on the site for a month and I have sent an PM to him that I would like him to read.

Thanks
Lee

P. S. About making this site better.
Lee,

I think Sean is very busy getting ready for the upcoming Fly Show circuit. I wouldn't take his lack of reply personal. I'm sure he'll get back to you soon.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:21 PM

Default Give it a try

I just updated Lee's Fishing Page to the latest version of glFusion and I would love to have some of you come and give it a try. I just looked it up and the forum here is not supported anymore and cost a bundle to upgrade. Sean has not seen fit to reply to my last PM to him so I don't think he is going to do anything to upgrade this site. He told me a his only reply to me that the site was getting to be more then he can handle and that it needs some TLC. Everything on the site is old except the few things that are automaticly updated. Give my site a try and use the help system to see how to do thing (I am updating this so all the photo's in the help are not up to date). But the text should be correct in most cases. You have around 2000 registered users but only 430 have been on the site in the last 6 months, it is obvious that there is not much to keep users coming back. I know, I know my site is very slow now that is why I would love to have some of you come and see what can be done with a good Fly Fishing site.

All I ask is give it a try. Register and introduce yourself then the whole forum will be open to you, check out the photo albums that all can have, There is a Chat room that is very easy to use and I would be willing to chat with any one of you. Check out the "Site Features" page to what else you can do.

Thanks
Lee

Last edited by LeeG; 02-27-2017 at 03:25 PM.