September 16, 2019

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Buy Sell Trade

Old 05-18-2019, 06:44 AM

Default WTB Jim Warner flies for commemorative framing

Hi folks, I'm putting together a commemorative framing of some of Jim Warner's flies to ultimately donate to one of the large fly fishing museums in his name & help preserve his legacy. A museum framer is doing the framing (see example below).

For now, the core group collected includes presentation sets he tied of his Bicentennial Smelt (single and trolling), the Ten Feather Emerald Shiner, and the Winnipesaukee Smelt (single and trolling), among a few other patterns, that may or may not make it into the final frame depending on the quality of others that can be located.

I'm hoping to find more examples of his work and especially some of the 163 patterns that he created - they need to be unused and on original cards. Preference would be for the less colorful patterns (no yellows or bright reds) and emphasis on the more lifelike smelt-like flies he tied - eg mylar Warner Smelt (dark or light), Babb's Ghost, Red Fin Shiner, Willoughby Lake Smelt, other lake series flies, Big Jake Lake Smelt, etc, etc.

If you have some duplicates or other sitting in a drawer that you might be willing to possibly part with, please leave a reply to this posting with contact information, and I'll get right back to you. It doesn't seem like there is a private message (PM) system set up to use for PM's. I know when I registered that I said to allow members to contact me using email but not sure how this can be done.

Jim tied over 25,000 flies / year, so there must still be a lot out there that haven't been fished and could be used to show off his talents and creativity. I grew up in New England and was a big fan of Jim's and wished I had collected more flies before moving West twenty years ago.

Highest prices paid for the right patterns that could be included in the framing. If you know somebody that has some and could let me or them know, that would be helpful, too.

p.s. this is an example of what I did with 'A River Runs Through It' vintage Bunyan Bugs

Last edited by NorCal_1; 05-20-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:22 PM

My husband have something similar. pm me
Old 05-25-2019, 05:50 PM

Simply a "Beautiful" Display! Unfortunately, I can't help you out, but wish you well!
Old 05-27-2019, 07:53 PM

The immortalized “Bunyan Bug”!!!!

Keep an eye on eBay for Warner flies. Also inquire on Streamer List and Classic Fly tying forums.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:09 AM

Thumbs up

I should say only that its awesome! This post is informational and always produce amazing things. Keep posting...
Corporate Training in Chennai | Oracle Training in Chennai

Last edited by renuraj; 06-03-2019 at 06:59 AM.